Monday, June 4, 2012

Why do we love the Sonic guys?

Why are these two guys so much fun to watch?

I think there's a couple of reasons we like them.  First, they remind us of someone we know.  I mean, there's always that one guy who's kind of quirky that we've known for a few years. Maybe, he's a friend of a friend or he works in your office or he pumps gas at the local gas station.  Somehow he's familiar to us and watching this actor portray his personality makes us laugh.  It also brings a familiarity feeling to the brand. We know it's all about those emotional connections and this quirky guy reels us in.

The second reason we like these guys is because of what they are talking about. They babble. They have the conversation you have with your friend when you're talking about nothing.  They make conversation about what they're eating and then take it a little further to the ridiculous. We can't help but laugh at what they're saying, because its nonsense. They are true comedians.

So who cares if Sonic recycled an old Campaign. It's funny and it leaves me feeling good about Sonic. Sometimes it even makes me hungry for a burger and some tater tots. I love when advertising entertains me and makes me remember their brand with humor and good feelings. As opposed to repeating their name several times or flashing their colorful logo across the screen of my TV, computer, or phone. Entertain me, connect with me, and I'll remember you.

So, press on Pete Grosz and TJ Jagdowski, we love to watch your front seat antics.
For more on these two improve actors see www.those2guys.me or follow them on twitter @_those2guys

No comments:

Post a Comment