Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"I should have bought a Falcon!"

"I should have bought a Falcon!" I love how random this is, yet somehow it's true to life. State Farm took a simple idea of saving money and the things a man might buy with that money and made it so extreme it was funny. It really resonates with me, because when I was on a recent trip to Italy for several weeks my husband bought a bird, not a Falcon mind you, but a Sun Conure, a smaller tropical bird. He said he won a gift certificate to the pet store and he had always wanted a bird. Hmmm. He never told me he wanted a bird before. None the less, I like the random connection State Farm made. Husbands are known for buying interesting things they don't necessarily need and now State Farm gives them a good excuse. They could have tried targeting woman and letting her buy designer purses or shoes, but it just wouldn't have been as funny. I think State Farm's Falcon commercial made a memorable statement in the insurance wars.  Speaking of insurance, who would have thought that this industry would have given us some of the funniest commercials on TV.  There are a lot of laughs between "Mayhem," "The little English speaking gecko," and "Flo."

No comments:

Post a Comment