Friday, March 2, 2012

What about Wheat Thins?

Here I am on vacation eating my reduced fat Wheat Thins, and I notice the back of the box, it says, "Do
what you do with whole grains." I read it again, "Do what you do with whole grains." The letters are very big and have pictures inside of them. There are three girls in red shirts, who look like they are playing as well as pictures of wheat. I get the general concept, but the words just strike me as kind of funny. Just what is it, that we do with whole grains?  I guess it's anything we want. The girls in the picture look like they just won some kind of sports event and they are celebrating, of course they won because they ate these delicious reduced fat Wheat Thins. Therefore, if I east these reduced fat Wheat Thins, I will be a winner too. Hmmmm. I like it. It's a simple emotional connection, that leaves the consumer with two ideas, one you are doing something good for your body by eating this product, which brings us to the conclusion, that if you do good things for your body, it will reward you by giving you what you need to be a winner.  A few words that get the message across, isn't that 's what advertising should do? I mean we're talking about the back of a Wheat Thins box here. It's simple but effective. Just makes me want to eat this whole box, but I better not, too many Weight Watchers points.

No comments:

Post a Comment